Tuesday, June 29, 2010

post number 2 today

A while ago I noticed I was getting spider bites... twice in one week!!! And that scares me a lot because I HATE spiders, and I hated knowing there was one hanging out in my room.

Then I started to notice these guys! RED ants. That's what has been biting me.
I started out by just killing them when I saw them because I had only seen a few in my room. Then on my computer desk in the living room another day, then on the living room floor after that. Phew... only on the west side of our house. "I can control this situation by killing them off with my foot" I kept thinking to myself....

Then more in our second bedroom, and out came the vacuum... vacuum those little suckers up...

Sadly, today I found a bunch in our kitchen near our entry. We live in a basement!! How the heck are they getting in?? I think it's time for some ant traps. As for now, I'll tell ya, I'm not thinking of these ants as this cute little guy here.

8 comments:

  1. AWWW i wish ants looked like that! : ) and we have so ma y ants in our bathroom, YUCK.
    <3 Breanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! I hate ants!! I get freaked out when I see them inside.. My room was in the basement a couple years ago and every time summer rolled around there was always ants and bugs it was awful :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black pepper or peppermint plants help keep them out they hate it.
    Love your Blog. Madison sat and looked at your pics. She still loves you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW for real? I can't believe she remembers us!

    I'm definately trying the black pepper tonight. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gross! We get them off and on in the downstairs bathroom and laundry room. Remember when Bradley use to play with Father Ant? BaaHa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Why did he do that?? Maybe we should ask him! hahaha so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have also heard if you vacuum more and keep your clothes picked up there wont be so many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice try Michael. It was actually YOUR clothes I found them under yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...