Tuesday, August 10, 2010

08.10.2010

There you have it! Dill Pickle is the leader. Now when I need to buy a bag of chips for a party or potluck, Dill Pickle will be my first choice(which I am totally ok with because it's my fav)!! Check out Michael's new poll, hah!

FAVORITE CHIP FLAVOR
The move went really well. It was the most stressful of all our moves yet. That is because we had to clean the carpets and everything else of the house we moved out of, as well as the house we moved into. I don't think I had ever been more stressed and exhausted. The ONE THING I didn't want wrecked in the move (my bookshelf) got turned onto it's side and moved along the cement in our laundry rooms and scraped all along the side! UGH... But then Michael told me we were moving and things were going to be wrecked-which I agreed with and felt much better after.

We had sooo much help!! Thanks to the Malmbergs who came to help us move as well as the 5 other members of our ward, and to my Dad, step-mom, and step-sister... and my in-laws. I lovee you all! 
 

I also had a good friend from hairschool Camilla Pratt donate some of her old furniture to us! A 52" TV (not a new one, so it's pretty chunky-but we still love it) and a red leather couch. SO I have decided I won't be bringing our sectional couch to this new home. After the stress of everything else, and knowing we might be moving again in Jan-Feb, I'd rather not have one more thing to move.





So here's to hoping this is our LAST basement suite...... ever!!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that this is going to be your last basement suite! Lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your moving pain! I hate moving!!! I have to move at least 3 times a year and I hate it! It's just annoying.
    But it does feel awesome when you are all done and are in a new and much better place! I can't wait to see pics of the new digs!
    And I bet you are so excited to get that sectional in your new place huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks about the bookshelf but I'm willing to bet that you could fix it- sandpaper and a little paint would likley make it as good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you got moved safely! heres to hoping its the last basement suite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good picture of Dustin, the master puzzle block stacker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all you commenters. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that your move is over, sorry to hear about your bookcase. But if it's wood you could always repaint it. I love refinishing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish you didn't write about the bookcase as I am just sick about it. I don't even want to know who did that!!! It was such beautiful wood and I bought for my girl hoping it would be one of those pieces of furniture that you can always look at and love...But at the same time I know how accidents go :(
    Glad your moved in and can't wait to come by and see the place.
    Hi Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for suggestions.. however, the wood is not really wood you would sand. But I think i could probably touch it up a bit with some dark brown paint to disguise it. Don't worry Mom, it's probably not as bad as you think, but still not good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are moving to Saskatoon next weekend...I am jealous you are done your move! We have had to move 3 times this summer for work, and I have decided after this one we are staying put for many many years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So where did you move to are you still in the city? Sorry about the book shelf.
    And I love you sectional couch. it is the one I want for my front room too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just moved a few minutes from where we were. Now we are in Montgomery by the childrens hospital and Market Mall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...