I've known for a very long time that Ty is not that snuggly baby I hoped for (he must take after his Dad). I always wanted a baby I could cuddle with, and couldn't wait until Ty came so I could spend afternoons on the couch with him. But after he left the newborn stage I quickly realized my hopes and dreams of cuddles were not going to be filled-at least with this child. If I ever try to lay Ty down next to me and wrap my arms around him, he acts like I am trying to squeeze the life out of him, and does everything possible to get away. This kid won't even fall asleep in his mothers arms. Nope. He just wants down to crawl, or wants to be turned around to look at what's going on around him. SO recently I realized I can trick him to cuddle with me. I give him his favorite teething toy, get all snuggled up, and let him enjoy being in his own little world while I enjoy pretending that my baby likes to cuddle up to his Mom. Win Win right??
Ty is so busy lately. A little update:
-he is constantly pulling himself to standing on any surface he can reach the top of and he LOVES it.
-he is working on sitting when he comes down from a stand, so hopefully we can minimize the number of head bonks each day to zero... those are definitely not fun at all.
-says "Dada". We don't know if he knows what it means but it sure makes for a proud Daddy.
-is still slow moving with his eating- still only on purees, but we knew he was behind in the eating category... he always has been.
-LOVES his grandparents. Oh this little boy is sooooo loved and spoiled by his grandparents. Lucky kid.
-doesn't seem like a baby anymore... So sad... I honestly feel like he is a toddler now with his crawling, and standing.
-Ty got another tooth. That makes 3.
-growing a nice BLONDE head of hair. Not white blonde like I was but still blonde. You have no idea how happy I am to have a little blonde boy.
Our February goals are to only have pop 2 times, chips 2 times, and to eat at least 4 homecooked meals a week. I can do that right?? I'm pretty sure we eat at home most nights, but we're just going to make February super easy alright?
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Trey is a busy boy too, it just makes the cuddles you do get even better :)
ReplyDeleteawww, sweet baby love! my 2 month old is still quite the snugglebug, but we'll see what happens as he gets older and more independent, sniff sniff:-) xoxo
ReplyDeleteLook at Ty popping up and being all fancy.
ReplyDelete