Monday, January 23, 2012

New Years Resolutions...

Okay I know we've been in 2012 for almost a month now, but everything was so busy when we came into 2012, that we didn't have a chance to even make our New Years Resolutions. I kept thinking about how a lot of people make plans to lose X number of pounds and how I wanted to incorporate some sort of exercise/healthy eating goals into this year. But I couldn't help but recognize I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with any huge goals... I like to take small steps.

After having Ty I knew I had to get my butt in gear and lose as much as I could before the cold hit because I sure wasn't going to work my butt of outside in the snow and wind. So I took two work out classes. One was twice a week, and another one was once a week. While I was taking these classes it seemed every day I was thinking of what I could do to work out... aquafit, yoga, running... and after 3 months I started feeling amazing! Then December came... I stopped working out and started eating lots of goodies! It was an awesome month, but I could feel the change.

Last year in February we said we weren't going to drink any pop and about 6 days before the end of the month I went to a movie and HAD to get a pop!! Michael was able to go without the whole month, but I think just knowing I wasn't suppose to made me want it all that much more!

SO Michael and I decided we are going to make small resolutions each month starting in February. Each month will consist of 2-3 small goals that get us closer to healthy eating and better exercising. Here are some examples of what I mean:

Each of these is for a whole month:

-6 slices of bread for the whole month (toast for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwich, french toast one morning-it sure adds up fast and I usually eat waaaay more than 6 pieces)
-2 30 minute workouts a week
-Veggies at every meal (we eat lots of pasta)
-Pop 2 times
-Chips 2 times (my weakness)
-Go out to eat only 4 times
-Run once a week (we'll save this until the weather improves)
-Home cooked meal 4 times a week (ALL month)


As we I gain more self control, we hope to make these small goals a bit harder as the year goes on. And maybe we will even make some of these changes permanent. I'll hopefully record what our goals are each month and then let you know how we did! That way if I fail, I'll feel silly because these are pretty do-able. If anyone has any other ideas let me know. We are up for suggestions!

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. so you are only going to eat 6 pieces of bread a day or not eat bread? haha I'm confused lol pas love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good goals! Manageable too! I used to eat a lot of bread. I decided to cut it out a while ago and now I hardly ever eat it. Pop on the other hand.. everyone likes a cold one now and then ya know?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...