I have had such a hard time with the captions with the photos so please excuse the spacing and sizing... All the captions are under the photo they go with!
|
A lot of our photos are of just us with something in the background. |
![]() | ||
Shopping for sunglasses because it was SO sunny out.
|
We were recommended this Indian restaurant OFF the strip and off the strip it was.. 45 minutes of walking on our already aching feet. By the time we got there we could go no further. Luckily we were able to take a bus back. We go to the restaurant with 10 minutes left of the buffet and how could we not eat it when we had walked so far? So we filled up our plates... plates being plural for each of us... Next time we will check how far our destination actually is.
I REALLY wanted to go on the roller coaster on the stratosphere... It was kind of what I asked for for my birthday. We wanted to go see the flamingos at the Flamingo hotel and got there and were looking everywhere for them, and somehow ended up on the top floor of the hotel(which is only about 15 floors high), and the window was from the floor to the roof, and I was almost crawling on the floor when I got close to the window. I was kind of freaking out... then Michael asked me if I still wanted to go on the roller coaster and I said no. AS IF I thought I would have been able to do it. I was probably only half as high as the roller coaster would have been.Pretty falls near the flamingos.
Waiting for the Treasure Island outdoor show to start.
A Statue of Liberty made of Jelly Bellys. The Mendenhalls always have lots for Christmas so I thought they might enjoy this!!
At the Shark Exhibit. Here is Michael amazed by the Jelly Fish. They were soo cool to watch move around.| Jelly Fish!! |
Some brave guys swimming with sharks. I would neverrrr!
Yuck those windows are dirrrrty.
The best photo of us with the sharks behind. We loved the whole exhibit. Definitely glad we went.
| It's crazy how close you actually are. Look at those creepy eyes!! |
On the bus on our way to Fremont Street to walk around the last night.
The 45 cents we won! We gambled $5 and won 45 cents.. That doesn't really make you want to keep gambling.. 

| In front of the lion at our hotel the MGM before we are about to head back to the airport. |
My favorite things we did while in Vegas was:
1. The Bellagio fountains (I have seen them before about 6 years ago, and we only watched the during the day while we were there, but they are amazing.. I couldn't stop raving afterwards)
2. Circ Du Soleil
3. The rollercoaster
I was super surprised by how many people take their kids to Vegas. Babies everywhere!! And even out at 12 and 1am!! Can't you believe it...? Yes, there are family friendly things to do, but I would never take my children there! You pretty much walk through a Casino to get anywhere that is indoors, and people are drinking and smoking everywhere... We loved our trip, but saw and did pretty much everything we wanted to see and do so we probably won't ever go back unless it is with a group of people. Next time... Mexico... or really anywhere.
So if you are headed to Vegas and want any tips... let me know! We are experts now!!







You are so cute. I love all your photos. Someone once told me the best photos are of yourself, family, etc. The ones with the scenery of what you saw you are more likely to skip through. So, anyway, I love all the photos of you and Michael and stuff in the background.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you've blogged already, man I need to get my butt in gear.
We still have the lucky quarter Aubey won, woohoo.
What did you think of the Sirens of Treasure Island show? Kind of good, but mostly raunchy in my opinion. Oh my, I need to tell you a story about this oriental guy who was standing by us during the show.
Well, we saw many of the same things as you, and then we did things you didn't and vice versa. Gotta go back hahaha!
Ames your trip looks amazing! I love how big your smiles are in your pictures. Looks like you had so much fun! Next trip - Van Island maybe?! ;)
ReplyDeleteI have loved Circ Du Soleil in the past, and have heard only amazing things about the Elvis one. I'm so glad you liked it (enough to make it to the top 3!) Looks like you all had a blast!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love that you took so many pictures! You guys are so cute. I need to go somewhere now! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys partied so hard!! Only time with each other is so important. I'm glad you guys had this time together! I'm not mad you guys ate copious amounts of food... what I am mad about is you guys not bringing home that jelly bean statue for me. Next time, next time.
ReplyDelete