Tuesday, February 7, 2012

VACATION!!

Michael and I just booked our trip to VEGAS!!! I have been trying to convince Michael to go on a trip since I can remember. He would rather use our money to buy something like a camera, or a new motorcycle... plus we are on the fast track to paying off student loans, but I just can't help but want to travel somewhere! Not because everyone else is (okay maybe a little bit of that but it's hard not to when you see peoples photos of beaches) but also because it would be nice to see somewhere else other than flat old Southern Alberta.

Since Michael doesn't really have any paid holidays off this year (only 2 days... but next year THREE WEEKS. I can wait for that). So we decided Vegas because we could make a quick trip of it on the long weekend, and it was probably the most affordable trip for us to take. We aren't taking Ty, and we will miss him insane amounts. He will stay at my Mom's. It will be good for us to have a couple days away just us two! So our trip is Feb 17-20 (only a week and a half away)!!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am. Pretty pathetic for some of you who have travelled all over. We are staying at MGM Grand and seeing a Circ Du Soleil show(a first for us both). Any advice or tips on places to eat or see?

7 comments:

  1. how fun! I wish I could leave my baby girl with my parents for a quick get away. I could use one of those right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting , I love Vegas.. We have gone every year since our honeymoon... so my list of things to fo and see have grown to a very cery long list ... not sure you could do and see everything in the amount of time your going... but whatever you do it will be so much fun to be just the two of you !! enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amie, we love Vegas and it is close to Provo so it is our fav place to go for a quick weekend trip! We will actually be there on the 16th right before you on our way to LA! I highly recommend the Cheesecake Factory there, it is amazing!! Also the outlet malls at the end of the strip, you can buy day passes for the deuce (the buses) that take you right there and they have really good shopping, my favorite are the ones on the north end. there is also this hole in the wall restaurant called Hash House, but it was featured on the food network, travel channel and it sooo good...it is in the M hotel I think, they have pancakes the size of pizzas that are sooo good! brown sugar and carmelized bananas is my favorite! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky!! I would take a trip to ANYWHERE! (We've never been on a trip, let alone an airplane! I know.) Hope you guys have a blast! I've never been so I can't suggest anything but i'm sure you'll have fun just going somewhere nice together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohooo...I'll be there from the 18-24. Hitting up WPPI that will be at the MGM...your going to see a ton of photographers that weekend :)

    Can I steal Michael for a few hours to come hit up the trade show with me??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhhh - I'm jealous! Ha! Mike and I have never done a getaway without Carter. You'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We both know that trip was a too fun for your own good!!! We know we're going on a couples trip. You are just teasing me with all of these fun blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...