Wednesday, June 22, 2011

He's Here!!

Ty Thomas Mendenhall 
June 16, 2011
8:11pm
8lbs 2 oz
21.5 inches
Our little family.
Lots of people have been asking how everything went with Ty's arrival, here's the details.

June 16th my water broke at 10:30 and I was SO excited. I called Michael at work and he rushed home. Nothing was happening yet, so we cleaned the house a bit, packed up everything we would need and we ate some lunch, and then the contractions started at 11:30. First they were just cramps every 10 mins or so, so we left to the hospital and got there around 11:45. At noon we were in Labor and Delivery and I was having contractions every 2-3 mins and it was getting worse VERY quickly. Within 30 minutes I was unable to walk without two people helping me so they moved me into the room where Ty would arrive. I was in labor for about 2 hrs before I was able to get the epidural. We let them know as soon as we got to the hospital that we wanted to do the epidural and as things were getting worse, Michael kept asking how long it would be. After the epidural, things were great and progressing quickly. Then the nurses and doctors got concerned because my body wasn't relaxing between contractions, but baby was alright, so they kept a close eye on things. Doctors said it was very atypical that contractions would be like that. I kept thinking I honestly would have died if I hadn't had the epidural because I was pretty much passing out between contractions before it. Anyways, I was fully dialated so they had me start pushing, even though I didn't feel I needed to. Tried for about 40 minutes and nothing was changing so they put my on oxytocin so I would feel the contractions a bit more and more regular and shortly after I definately felt like pushing. I pushed for about another 2 hours and finally at 8:11, after 9 hrs of labor our little Ty was born! He is absolutely perfect and healthy. Michael and I are so in love with him. We can't believe he is here and he is ours.

Things at home have been good. Ty came out with arm and head first so healing has been slow but each day is getting better. We are getting use to the changes in our lives and enjoying having Ty home with us.

Michael has been amazing through everything. He was soo sweet to me during labor and I honestly can't imagine going through it without him. I just keep thinking how lucky I am to have him. He is already SUCH an amazing father. He loves Ty SO much and is so patient with him and is always willing to help out with changing diapers and calming Ty. Sometime I feel like his parental instincts are stronger than mine! :) I am so lucky to have these two guys in my life. They both make me so happy.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on such a cute little guy. I hope to meet him at the family reunion if you guys are going. Your lucky labor was so quick. After over 24 hours in labor with both my boys I had to have a C-section. Enjoy every minute of your little guy, they grow up so quickly.

    PS, I had a really hard time commenting, it wouldn't accept my google sign in and kept trying to make my comment annonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww. glad to hear you're all good!
    love the story! miss you guys loads

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hearing birth stories! glad all went well ... he is perfect for sure. i see michael in him ... what does grandma mendenhall think?

    hope to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amie and Michael!! Reading this warmed my heart. Soo happy for you and your adorable family! He's soo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats you two! Enjoy every minute cause it goes by way way too fast. He is perfect and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi AMie, I don't know if you know me but you might know my hubby-Caleb McGAle. Well I peek at your blog once in awhile and just love reading it! I'm good friends with Amy Wilde and Nicole Malmberg. Anyways just wanted to say congrats!!! He is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you had to push that long. you poor thing! I'm glad it wasn't a super long labor for you! Loved the story.
    I'm excited to hear more about having him home! It's the best. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he is Gorgeous!! And you look amazing! Congrats!!
    (and I love his name!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. Take the time to heal and sleep as much as possible. Adjusting takes time. It will all come with time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats you guys! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so happy for you guys, and really glad it went so well. you are a wonderful little family and baby ty is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay - he's here! So happy for you all. He's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...