Monday, July 26, 2010

Magrath Days

I'd say about the past 7 years I have been going to Magrath Days. No, I am not from Magrath, but my dad lives there so I love going to the festivities with family. The parade is always good(we didn't end up going this year). Then there's a potluck BBQ for family and friends after the parade at my Dads house, and this year TONS of people showed up and I didn't know 75% of them. In past years after the BBQ we go walk around the gathering area at the park or visit but this year, we went to Wallys Beach and went seadooing!! My dad just got two seadoos at the beginning of the summer and Michael and I just got our boating licenses so we got to drive quite a bit. We were saving for a new vehicle, but now I think we'll just save for a seadoo! Seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. Michael and I also got a chance to go kneeboarding, which is nice because its so easy.... We aren't very good at wakeboarding or waterskiing because we never grew up boating. It was fun to do all this and suntan a bit too!!

After boating we cleaned up a bit and went over to get beef on a bun and watch the talent show. There was some sad entertainment this year, but it ended off by a Canadian Idol contestant (sooo good) and some fire dancers which I thought were the highlight of the talent show. Afterwards, the fireworks.

I loveee Magrath Days because of the festivities and getting together with family, but I also get to see and catch up with friends I don't see throughout the year. And there's always cotton candy to pig out on. heh

So to whoever reads this, next year this time, make your way down to Magrath, you won't regret it.

I posted pictures from this weekend on facebook... so go check them out.

Also, I've had a ton of people doing the poll, and no I can't see who votes, but I don't get nearly that amount of comments on my posts... so comment, or I'll go private and only invite people who are cool and comment. :)



8 comments:

  1. holy crap, i hear you on the commenting. I get at least 300 hits in 2 days after I post, and what maybe 5 comments. It's gay and I also was thinking of going private just for that reason!
    Anyways I love southern AB celebrations! I'll have to go check out your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the whole "comment" issue! LOL Amie you almost single handedly (spelling?) keep my blog alive. And I've always wanted to go to Magrath Days but always seem to be out of town?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family times can be fun. That is why I am soooo excited for our reunion cause I get to be with my family...it's been a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodnesssssss!!! it was soo much fun see dooing with you amie!! and taaning except when i reopened my cut (DID YOU SEE THAT?!?) it was sick anyways.... LOVE ya!
    BREANNE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Magrath days... I grew up with the Calgary Stampede but I never realized all the fun things southern alberta does in the summer. I sucks not being able to go to things like that in the summer.
    And I agree with the comments issue as well. It's nice to know people are enjoying your blog! I LOVE your blog... so don't go private... or at least invite me if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about threatening people to make a comment. Just use fear tactics.
    Anyway I think the best times in life are with family. That is when most of the most memorable moments happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to Magrath Days but I alway go in for the family fun at Reeds on July 1st and I love to spend time with family too.
    I love reading your blog and seeing whats up with you guys. TTYS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one of those people that reads blogs and never comment...shame on me... Cute photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...