Here are two things I'd like to do within the next five years. I've been kind of hesitating to write about them and let everyone know because I am so afraid I won't do them. But maybe this will motivate me even more.
run a half marathon
I had a client recently who does a running group once a week. After she had her first baby, she had a hard time losing weight, but found running was the only way for her. So she paired up with a friend and they trained for a half marathon and their marathon was in Seattle so it was more motivation to actually do the marathon. I have always wanted to be a runner, but I find it really hard. I can run a few times for a week, and I feel great, but then it dies off and then next time I run is months later. I feel if I had a buddy to run with, and then had some place to look forward to going, I would do better.
start a book club
I have been reading books continually since grade nine. I love to read. I started off reading church fiction history (with some non-fiction in them as well), and then just church novels. I love all these types of books because I have been able to learn tons of church history and also history about the past wars (WW2 and Vietnam War) while enjoying a good story. Then I moved onto best-sellers, classics, and love stories. Ah, anything. What I really desire is to read an amazing book and be able to discuss it with someone. I get so connected to some characters and almost feel like they are real. So I would really love to start a book club, to be able to get recommendations on great books, and to be able to talk about what I am reading with someone.
That's all for now. Maybe I will add to this post and re-post it sometime when I can think of more things I want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well Amy I don't have a book club but I go to a website called goodreads.com and do all my reviews and keep track of all the books I read. It is also a good place to find new books to read. Andrea is on this site as well if your interested.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the 1/2 marathon, my goal is the Raymond Triathlon next summer.I hope all your goals are reached too.
you should just blog about the books you read! I'd totally join your book club if you had one online. Start a facebook group or something haha! Maybe then I'd be pushed to finish a book in less than 5 months haha
ReplyDeleteAmie!!! I would for sure join your book club. I love to read too. I used to run all the time with Robyn when I lived in Lethbridge. Since we've been in NB I haven't ran once! And now she's moving to the States and I'm afraid I will never get back into running - I REALLY wish you lived in Lethbridge now so that we could run together.. Any chance you guys would move back? (I'm serious!)
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping we move back in February-ish. But we'll see where Michael gets a job when he's finished school in December! I'd love to be running buddies!
ReplyDeletetoo bad you didn't live in Leth cause I would love to do a book club! Read really awesome books and get together over desert and just talk about them!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could get into running. I am a sprinter... but my long distance is crap! I admire anyone who can run long distances. So fun and such a great work out!
Start off small on running - find a 5K to run in start there work your way up to a half. Halfs are so fun and you feel accomplished. I don't have it in me to a full but maybe one day. The half I did was so much fun though - I'm doing one next April. So my advice start small, running with a buddy is fun if you like to do it that way. Ease into everything and it will stick!! I think its good to tell what you want to accomplish - good motivator. Good Luck!!
ReplyDelete