The boys have been doing puzzles a lot lately. I've been working on teaching Noah how to do puzzles and he is getting the hang of it. Sometimes the kids will get out a puzzle and Ty will show Noah where the pieces go. It's such a nice activity because it keeps them fairly quiet... though Noah can get pretty frustrated sometimes. The puzzles in this picture aren't even all of the ones we own.
They love to play in our bed. In fact I made the bed this morning and they have pulled all the covers up and are playing underneath and the pillows are on the floor.
Noah's speech hasn't been progressing in the last few weeks and on the evaluations the Dr sends out of where he "should" be he is really behind... as in he doesn't check off anything on the vocab part of it. I read at Ty's speech appointment that sometimes if kids hearing isn't good they might not be able to pronounce certain sounds or their speech can be delayed. So I took the boys in for hearing tests and they are good! I think I will wait a few months to see how Noah's vocabulary progresses before I make a speech appointment. I am not super worried, but I just wanted to be sure his hearing was fine.
This never happens. 10am and just fell asleep on our bed.
Michael did Noah's hair for church one day and I couldn't stop laughing.. so nasty!! haha.. I love his forhead/hair to face ratio. Don't worry, he didn't leave the house like this.
This picture and prayer is on Noah's wall. It was a gift to me when I was 2 from my Great Grandma Nan (Larsen)
haha Ty took the photos on the right. Ty was telling Noah to lay down so he could take a picture of him. LOL
I decided last minute to give the boys haircuts. This is Noah's shortest haircut yet and I have to say I am missing his longer hair... I think he looks adorable no matter what but I just think his hair longer in front is so "noah". I think I'll grow it out a bit now. Ty likes his short hair but he says I took so much hair off. haha. Ty's hair is just so straight it's hard when he moves because his hair doesn't hide any mistakes... it was going to be shorter but I was kind of sick of blending so I just buzzed it all off.
I have been working lots lately and I cannot get over how good my kids are when I work. Sometimes my clients will bring their kids and it's like a playdate, and sometimes they watch a movie, or just play together. They get a little irritable around mealtimes but I find it so easy to work at home with them around. I am so blessed to have a job where I can work and have my kids at home too.
Ty has become so helpful around the house. I can ask him to clean the living room (puzzles everywhere, books on the couches and floor, pillows all over, cups or bowls on the floor) and he will clean it up without a fight (most of the time). He helps me unload and load the dishwasher, he cleans the front entry, he cleans the toy room, he puts his diapers in the garbage and laundry in the basket. He will wash his hands, and get "ingredients" out for meals (taco chips, milk, apples, cucmbers, etc). He will go down under the stairs to get a food storage ingredient, he will put his coat and shoes on and get in the car and buckle himself in. He gets his own PJs out, diapers for Noah, cleans up the bath toys, puts recycling where it's suppose to go.. I could probably go on. He is just so helpful and I'm grateful for his independence. Noah has started helping out with the dishwasher and laundry and garbage. I'm training these boys well to help out with bigger chores someday. I grew up doing chores my whole life, and I don't plan to be the only one cleaning up after the whole family all the time. I was doing most of my own laundry by grade 7 and I want my boys to be capable and responsible around the house.
I took Noah to his first movie the other day. It was a spur of the moment decision to go with the Gundersons. We saw Paddington Bear and it was cute but a little boring for Noah I think because it wasn't fully animated. He spent a good amount of time staring at the projector behind us, haha.
We are back to working on potty training (#2) with Ty. He was bad for about a month and the last few days he has made a bit of progress but it's especially frustrating after he had been fully potty trained for 3 months.
That's all I can think of right now. Noah will be 2 soon and we have something fun planned for his birthday for just our little family. Our plan is to take them to the Calgary Zoo (they have never been) and spend the day there and then eat something for dinner and then go play at chuck e cheese for a few hours. We took them last April in Edmonton and Ty still talks about it so we can't wait to go back. Ty loves watching Wild Kratts (he used to call it Wild Craps) and so he learns a lot about wildlife so I think he will love seeing all the animals at the zoo. Noah will probably mostly enjoy any birds because he is obsessed. He will be silent and when he sees a bird he will yell it so loud and continue until you acknowledge that he saw it. BIRR BIRR!!! We are so excited to have a nice birthday with Noah and just enjoy it as a family.

No comments:
Post a Comment