Noah is 6 weeks! At his checkup yesterday he weighed in at 12 lbs 1oz, and is 22 1/2 inches long. About 75th percentile for both, and then his head comes in at 15 inches which is at 50th percentile. He's growing like a weed, which surprises me by the amount he spits up. I still can't keep him dry. Even when he is laying down, milk will just slowly leak out of his mouth. I'm hoping this is something that will end soon because I'm tired of being spit up on and smelling like milk. Yuck.
He is getting really good at holding his head up. He can hold it up for a couple minutes at a time. He likes tummy time, for up to about 5 minutes. He has also rolled over from front to back twice now. I've started to get some smiles from him too. Love those gummy baby smiles.
Sleeping is just as bad. I honestly don't know how long or how many times I'm up each night because I nurse him in bed, so I always forget when I wake up in the morning, but I know it's a lot. He's very loud too when he is going to sleep or waking up so it's hard to get any sleep during those times. By this point with Ty he was only up once a night.... Noah is a good baby, but now I realize how great of a baby Ty was!
Owning a home has made Michael and I realize a few things. Michael has never really done anything handy besides changing the oil and tires on our cars, but he has come to enjoy doing renos and working on our home. It can be stressful, and it's a lot of work, but he does enjoy learning how to do things, and seeing the change. The only problem is is that we don't own many tools, so we have had to borrow a lot of things, and thank goodness for so many generous people! Another thing I have realized is how much I LOVE having a yard. I love seeing it become green and beautiful, and taking care of it. Okay, well Michael does the mowing and fertilizing. I even love pulling weeds! It's great to feel like you are getting rid of something that is making your lawn ugly. We have spent a fair amount of time outside already doing yardwork, and playing in the yard. Today I filled a basin up for Ty with water, and he played in it for a few hours while I watched him and took care of Noah. We have a rain barrel that Ty likes to get water from to play with too.
I have a lot of pictures of Ty I want to post, but uploading isn't working, so I'm hoping to do a post soon about him. We have finished the floors (living room, hallway, kitchen, dining room) and now Michael is just finishing up the stairs! The floors look so great, and I'm excited to show before and after photos once we get some of the baseboards on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. Sean is as big as Noah! Crazy. It'll be funwhen we all get to be around and all these babies will be together! Good luck with your Reno's!
ReplyDeleteApparently I spit up a lot too and I was an obese baby. And odd combination, but it works, haha.
ReplyDelete