Sunday, May 27, 2012

glasses

Since I got an iPhone, I take most of my photos on there. I have been trying lately to take more photos on my camera, and I've been doing pretty good.
 Ty is really enjoying having his Dad at home, all day everyday. Speaking of which, Michael saw the surgeon 2 weeks ago, and he told Michael he won't be able to go back to work for another 6 weeks.. If he goes back after that, it will be a total of 14 weeks off because of this injury. Michael's leg is slowly getting better. He is now able to walk on it a small amount, mostly around the house, and if he's on it too long it gets really sore and swollen. We hope these next 4 weeks we see much more healing. 
 I was watching Madison for a little while a week or so ago, and her and Ty were playing the keyboard. This is how we always have it set up so Ty can play.
 On the long weekend we went up to Waterton with Michael's parents and his sister. Unfortunately it was cold and rainy. We had a picnic, which was so good and then took the 20 minute drive up to Cameron Lake. After we came back to the townsite, the rain stopped, and it was just insanely windy. Not a great day to go to Waterton, but we are all in love with the place, so we were happy to go anyway. Here is everyone eating... :)
 My sweet blue eyed boy!

 Enjoying his time sheltered from the wind and rain. 
 Here is Cameron Lake. I'll admit it's much more beautiful in the summertime.
 I think this is the only photo I have of my sister-in-law Jody and I. I'm pretty lucky to have such an awesome sister-in-law! Excuse our insane hair. It was realllllly windy.  
 The biggest news for us lately is that Ty got glasses. His right eye has frequently turned in and it seemed to be getting worse, and I figured something was going on so we took him for an eye exam and we were told he is moderately far-sighted. So now my 11 month old is wearing glasses. Okay, he doesn't really wear them. We need to get a strap so he keeps them on a little better. This above photo is more like what he does with them. We have been able to get a few photos of him with them on. 
Sometimes they look a bit big on his face, and he has pulled them off so many times they already need to be refitted...  

 Today Grandpa Parker was able to get Ty to keep them on for a few minutes! He does look pretty dang cute in them.  

4 comments:

  1. Amie that is so young!!! i cant believe he even keeps them on for 1 second. So he way ahead of the crowd. He is adorable. It is so hard as a mom to know your child has something wrong with his eyes. It breaks my heart! Gavin was 2 when he first got his, so the older your little guy gets he will wear them more. hope everything is going good though we love u guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness gracious! baby glasses! be still my heart:-) he is adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is one cute boy in glasses!! You'll have to get him some GQ looking ones, when he starts to actually keep them on. ha. Will he have to wear them his whole life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. His glasses are so freakin' cute.

    Ps.. I miss Mikes Mom. Ask her if she wants to hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...