Monday, March 7, 2011

03.07.11

I have been terrible with blog posts lately and I haven't posted any pictures in forever it seems. 
Skating in Bowness 
My sweet moves! 
After hoping Madison would be born a Friday evening so Michael and I could be there and see her on the weekend, it finally happend!! 8:45, just 15 minutes after we got into Lethbridge, she arrived!! Here we are waiting to see baby and Becky. We didn't get a lot of pictures because Michael took quite a bit of video with our video camera instead. She is the most adorable little girl who squeeks all the time!! This whole family is just loving her.
Waiting at the hospital to meet Madison Grace
Mom and I waiting
Breanne and Madison
Madison <3

A 3D movie
This weekend we head down to Lethbridge for the baby shower! And I'll be sure to get lots of photos of everyone at that!

Not a lot has been going on for Michael and I. We have started to get a lot of the essentials, and can't believe we get to meet this little boy in only 3 and a half months! I have been surprised lately by how excited Michael is getting too!! It's so fun to see him like that and talk about what our lives might be like when he comes.

Any advice or favorite baby items we should take a look at?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first neice! She's so tiny and sweet. What's going on with you and a baby shower? Do you want to do a little one up here?? (If so, I'd totally host it). Anyway, I'll talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you have plenty of receiving blankets, baby tend to be messy. Also some lanolin cream for you when your nursing!
    So excited for you guys and totally happy for Becky! New babies are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new pics! lookin' good girl ;) i'm pretty excited to see you this weekend! and of course meet baby madison :)
    see ya soon!! xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so teeny tiny and so cute! I bet you two are even MORE excited after being with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swing, bouncy chair, blankets, and tons of burp cloths!!! So exciting your going to have a baby! It's the most amazing thing ever, your going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! Yay for babies, they'll be best cousins!
    Don't waste your money on a change table, i've never had one and have never missed having one. I don't think any one needs one. Baby bedding is another money waster I think, all your need are the bumper pads really, so you can makes some or Britt just got some super cheap at JC Penny online and they are the minky dot and really cute.
    Get lots of burp cloths, blankets (I never had enough) a nursing cover, and a swing forsure.
    And don't spend lots of money on a diaper bag, there are lots of bags out there for cheaper.
    That's all I can think of for now, but i'll let you know if I come up with anything else! :)
    So excited for you! A boy is going to be so different! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the "Franis Family" comment above about change tables and crib quilts, etc. being overrated (though a bunch of fitted sheets are awesome to have on hand for spitty/blow-out-prone babies...like mine!)
    And definitely find a bag (ANY bag) you like for a diaper bag...like really cute big purse or something...diaper bags are basically just that with an insulated pocket and maaaybe a change mat.

    I loooved big, thin receiving blankets...and lots of them. The muslin wraps are great (though pricey) but the thin fleecey material from the fabric stores works AWESOME as well.
    We love our exersaucer around here for when they're old enough to use it...but they're really bulky for storing...so whatever works for you.

    AND don't spend money on the peepee teepee type things until after you've had your little guy for a bit. Some boys have excellent timing for peeing at just the right moment during a diaper change, and those totally come in handy...but some, like mine, have never peed on me once without them. Had we had them, they would never have been used. Watch, I've totally just jinxed myself...

    One more: a manual breast pump. Saved my life during those first few weeks of breastfeeding when you get SOOO full and sore! Brought much relief during those tender times. And because you will be swollen and such during those first few weeks...and probably not leaving the house a ton...something that worked for me was just wearing a shade-brand tank top (or other stretchy tank) by itself, no nursing bra. It still "contains" you without having this tight nursing bra making you even more uncomfortable. AND Lansinoh breast pads are the ONLY breast pads, as far as I'm concerned. They work the BEST, and I've tried many others. Seriously!

    Longest post EVER, sorry. Good luck! You look SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed your blog Aimes :) I'm so excited for you guys! And I love the name Madison.. I have thought about using that one. Look at you two on your cute little skating and movie dates. I just love you and Mikes.

    Ps.. that baby is adorable and I'm so excited to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at your belly!! you look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...