Ty won't eat cake or cookies, but he loves donuts.
Michaels coworker Sarah came over for a haircut before her holidays and brought us some gingerbread men to decorate. Noah loved snacking on all the sweets.
The boys opening their Christmas Eve pjs.
Noah was really into opening gifts this year.
Our little family photo. Wow that flash brings out all the different reds. They looked more alike in person. :)
Watching Disney Collector on YouTube with Grandpa. haha Ty's favorite.
Christmas morning! Aren't they the sweetest?
We got the kids a slide for Christmas... to be used indoors in the winter and outdoors in the summer. They LOVE it. I bought it hoping it would encourage more play downstairs with all the toys and so far it's been working. They spent an hour downstairs this morning.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with Michael's parents. Then we went to my Moms for Christmas and ate subs and opened gifts and got to talk to Breanne via Skype! She looked so pretty and happy. It was so fun. It was really nice to just relax at Mom's house and eat food. Boxing Day we went to my Dad's and did gifts and played games ALL DAY... except when we were eating our delicious ham meal. The kids all played downstairs for most of the day and I felt like a real adult telling the kids to "get downstairs" ha. Oh the memories of being told that 1000 times at family gatherings. "Go play with your cousins"....
Noah crawling right in to get his gift.
The boys got a firehouse for Christmas and they love it too!
Ty asked Santa this year for Hungry Hippos. I was not wanting to have that game because it's loud and theres lots of pieces, but then I found a mini one and the marbles are enclosed. Ty talked about getting Hungry Hippos for Christmas for a long time and Christmas morning he woke up and said "why didn't santa bring me hungry hippos?"... we told him Santa took his gifts to G&G Mendenhalls and we said "Santa might not have brought you Hungry Hippos, Ty". So when he opened his gift from Santa he said "I toldja so. I toldja Santa would bring me Hungry Hippos... I knew it" haha... He wasn't even excited (though he was happy). He enjoyed telling us we were wrong. hahaha it was funny.
Noah started crawling out of the playpen at my Mom's house on Christmas day and eventually fell asleep in Michaels arms. So sweet.
Ty and Maddy watching a Christmas show. Probably Frosty the Snowman because Ty is obsessed. He loves all the Christmas songs.
Noah playing a fun game with Grandpa. Up and down, up and down.
I took lots of photos at my Dad's. Theres always lots of people to photograph, though we were missing lots of the family this year.
We finally had a kid table for the meal. It was awesome and the kids sat and played here for about a half hour before we started the meal.
Sweet little Aiden.
After opening gifts. We wrapped Ty in leftover duct tape from Dans excellent gift wrapping to Becky.
Probably watching Frosty the Snowman again. haha!
Relaxing and visiting.
Making a gingerbread house and tree with the kids. Ty, Maddy, and Sean sure loved it.
Michael "helping" haha.
Cassandra with her usual plate of leftovers that she says she will eat later but never does. haha
Becky and Cass' beautiful icing job on the tree. And Cassandra posing for the picture.
G&G Parker were so involved in the decorating.
Noah falling asleep again. How cute!!
We played lots of games. Rummy cards (can't remember the name), the Man game, which, as you can see the men dominated in. Becky, Phoenix and I were out first and Michael proudly won the man game. It's a fun game, if you are a man. haha. We also played a wrapping paper social game I brought, and Becky had a super fun game called Follow the Lead which we all got super into and there were tons of laughs!! Definitely my favorite game that day. I especially love all games so it's heaven for me to go out to my Dad's and Kristi's and play games with everyone. Heaven.This Christmas I was on a high. It was definitely my favorite Christmas I can think of. I was constantly feeling so happy and I loved all the family time and seeing my kids open their gifts that they loved, and playing with their cousins. It really was exactly how I love spending our Christmas holidays. We are so blessed to have SO much family and although it was busy, I still felt like I got to relax and enjoy it all. I also have especially enjoyed this Christmas season because I felt a lot more emphasis on my Saviour than in years past. Doing our 25 days of Christ I was able to feel the spirit in our home, reading the Ensign and reading stories of giving and of Christ. Our Christmas sacrament meeting was full of beautiful words and musical performances, and most importantly going to see the Nativity with our boys. It was so spiritual and amazing to think our Saviour was born in such humble beginnings. I am so thankful for his life and example to me.









No comments:
Post a Comment