Thursday, January 2, 2014

Noah 8 months


Noah just admiring the fire in our fireplace. 

Noah has done the most changing so far in the past 3 weeks.

-he says Mama! It was his first word too!!!! Ty took forever, so this is just the best. He is starting to say it when he wants me too.

-he pretty much skipped puree foods. After a while of trying rice cereal and him gagging and puking it up, I decided to try puree banana, which he loved. Right after the banana I tried the rice cereal again and he puked. SO I've come to the conclusion that he is not not ready for solids but he just hates rice cereal. Within a few days I was feeding him crackers, chunks of bread and now hes eating small bite size portions of a lot of what I'm eating and cheerios. It's so fun to have him now eating solids.

-He is pulling himself to standing and does it all the time now. He loves getting up nice and high to see much more than his floor view.

-He is crawling up stairs. He was sitting by some stairs at a Christmas party and just went all the way up!! How did he even know how? Smart kid!

-Noah is clapping! I taught him how once day and the next he was clapping all on his own. The quiet sound of his little palms clapping together slowly is the best sound ever! And it's even better that usually his face is very serious with a soother in his mouth. Whats he even clapping about? :)

-He has been a terrible sleeper. He's up every 2-3 hours usually and won't go back to sleep unless I nurse him. Blah... how old are youuuuuuu? So last night he woke up after 3 hours (he eats every 4 hours during the day) and I swaddled him and gave him his soother and let him cry... I was so tired I didn't even have a problem tuning it out. He probably cried for 20 minutes then went to sleep and didn't wake up until 830am!! So he went 8 hours without eating. PLEASE let this be something that can continue every night

-He still loves to be swaddled when he sleeps. Swaddling him takes a high level of skill these days with a fairly small blanket and a large baby. Sometimes we even do the good old double swaddle. haha.

-Noah just got his first top tooth on the left (2nd one over). He now has that one and the 4 on the bottom. He has been enjoying grinding his teeth for the past few days.

-He's been sticking his tongue out the past few days and it is just the cutest thing. A pointy little tongue. I'll have to get a picture of it.

-Noah has had dry dry skin for a long time now, probably 3-4 months. We have tried cortisone cream, a couple natural body butters and lotions, and now we are on to glaxal base. His head and back are the worst. You can't see it from far away, but it's pretty dry when you are close and can feel it. We hope something will help. We are trying a new body wash/shampoo so we will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...