Our holidays this year began with Michael being sick for a full 10 days. I'm not talking a man-cold, I'm talking a really bad flu. He was actually in bed the entire time. He went to emergency 3 different times, after blood and urine tests they found blood in his urine, but couldn't tell him anything other than that he had the flu. He ended up being given a drug called Tamiflu which I've been told they give to H1N1 patients. Also we have heard that H1N1 has been going around, and Michael's mom thinks thats what he had. I've never seen the "flu" so bad before. He was SO sick. But, he was all better by the time Christmas Eve came.
We had a Christmas party with some of my high school friends. A lot of people weren't able to make it but even with the small turnout we had a lot of fun visiting and reminiscing. Michael was sick in bed, but made an appearance to take a photo.
Becky had a little Christmas party this year. It was fun, and she was prepared with fun drinks, a delicious meal of crock pot lasagna, and a fun game. It was great to relax and visit and to see Ty and Maddy play together. They sure love eachother!
On Dec 15, our little nephew Aiden was born. I got to be there when Cassandra had him and it was a very special experience. He is such a tiny little thing (especially compared to my 'baby') and we already love him.
Michael's first time meeting him. Obviously they get along. :) Michael couldn't meet Aiden until he was about 10 days old because he was sick.
Our own little family tradition of opening new pj's on Christmas Eve. The boys looked so cute in their striped pants, but Noah had a blowout shortly before we started opening gifts Christmas morning. LOVE these two boys SO much. I wrapped the pj's in a Triscuit cracker box and Ty was pretty excited. haha
Noah and Auntie Jody. She just moved to Calgary so we will get to see her lots more! Yay!
Noah loves observing what Ty is up to.
We spent Christmas Eve afternoon at my Mom's and then later in the evening we went to Michael's parents where we put the kids to bed and played games. We only live 3 doors down from them so once we were done we got the kids and went home to sleep in our own beds.
I couldn't decide which photo to post of us in front of the tree Christmas morning, so I posted both. We spent Christmas morning with Michael's family, and then in the afternoon we went to my Mom's house.
Ty is a fan of stickers lately. These and the bus below are from Auntie Jody.
This gift was from Uncle Cam. Ty has already spent hours with his playdough crane. He really loves it.
I started off strong with taking pictures of gifts, but this was all I got. Ty and Noah were both spoiled and Ty loved opening all the gifts (including Noahs).
Here is Breanne and Brad before gift opening. They are both so grown up!
The kids. Relaxing before we start the madness.
The new Mama (Cass), Aiden, and Breanne.
Becky resting after the hours of opening gifts. :)
We had such a fun day relaxing with family. We truly are so blessed to be able to spend so much time with our families. We love each and every one of them. On Boxing Day we went out to my Dad's in Magrath for our "Christmas" with him. We ate some yummy snacks, opened gifts, and played some cards... It's no fun if we aren't playing games there. I am so bad because I didn't take any photos there. I took some with my stepmoms (Kristi's) camera, but not my own. We did, however, get a big family photo!! Michael wasn't there for it, so him and Ty are actually photoshopped in, which is probably why Ty's hair is a murky yellow color. But everyone is there, except for Aiden who wasn't born yet.
Then we did family/individual photos for my Dad's picture wall. This is the best one of our family. Check out that smile on Noah!!!!!!!
This photo is the last photo taken of my sister, Breanne and I, before she left on her mission. She reported Jan 1, and is going to the Sydney South, Australia mission. She is such a sweet, beautiful person and I'm excited to hear all about her success and growth over the next year and a half.
Devin and Amber and Jody were able to come visit for Christmas and we had so much fun playing lots of games with them, including Just Dance on the Wii.
We went to the family dance our Stake put on on New Years Eve. This is how Ty spent a lot of his time ^^^ along with eating lots of gummy bears from the Sundae bar.
And this is how Noah spent a good chunk of his time.
But he eventually did wake up and he reaaaally enjoyed playing with the balloons. After the "countdown" we went to Michaels parents and put the kids to bed and ate some really good snacks and played Guesstures with Michael's family. Happy New Year!!


I just texted over a bunch of those Christmas photos for you to have. Life was a little crazy. Sorry I didn't get them to ya sooner :)
ReplyDelete