My Grandpa Parker passed away this past week. His funeral was yesterday. It was a beautiful service to reflect on his life. There were many good stories told of him and it was great to see so much family! In his obituary it stated he and my Grandma who passed away in 2006 have 11 children, 63 grandchildren, and 79 great grandchildren and counting. That's A LOT of people!! My grandpa lived a long happy life, and had even just returned from a cruise 2 weeks before he passed away!! He was a great example to me. In February, all of our family received this letter from him, along with some scriptures he outlined for us to read. I really just wanted to keep his words for me to look back on. I am so grateful for him in my life, and I'm so happy he is now reunited with my grandmother in heaven.
Film photo taken by Michael. Grandpa with Ty (6 weeks), and Madison.
Dear Family,
Hope these scripture start you thinking, I love you all. I thought it was important that you all consider life and what it is meant for. I feel I can be silent no more, cause my time is short so I feel like I need to bear you my testimony. I know the gospel the is true and I hope you all can come to the same conclusion that I have. The gospel has been restored, and we need to listen to the council that has been given by those in authority. I have felt prompted share this message with you my loved ones. I want you to be with me in the afterlife me and Ileen (Mom, Grandma, Great Grandma) she is already waiting for us. I wish for us to all read the Book of Mormon before the end of April. Let me know how you feel when you read it. I don't want to preach a sermon that turns most people off, so I just want you to know that I love you and want to share this with you.
Dad, Grandpa, Great Grandpa.
For now, our little family is just awaiting the arrival of our little boy, who is due in only two weeks!! I'm so scared to go through labor again, but I'm excited to meet this little boy. I can't wait to see what he looks like and to have a newborn again. Ty has grown up so much recently, and is talking a lot. He has also been very whiny lately. He will repeat a word of something he wants, over and over and over.. and then he will move onto another word and whine repeatedly. I won't lie, it has been driving Michael and I nuts, but we are loving how much he has been learning and he always keeps us laughing. I've been trying to teach him "happy" and "sad" and what they mean. So the other day we were getting Ty ready for bed and Michael was tickling him lots and he was laughing up a storm, and after the tickling was over and he was laying in Michael's arms he said, "happy Ty" in the sweetest little voice. It was such a precious little moment for our family to be together and for Ty to express that he was happy. Michael and I couldn't help but tear up. Here are some photos Michael's mother took of Ty yesterday.
He loves to pick up a phone and say "hawow?"





I look forward to the before and after reno picks!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing, so hard. What a great letter. We should all be writing letters like that to our posterity, bearing our testimony.
You didn't leave the walls pink?!!? AMES!! Haha. I'm excited to see your new house and meet your new boy! I am with you on the labour comment... I am secretly freaking out about it. There's no way that is ever super enjoyable. But what a blessing it is to be able to have children! Your Grandpa is the sweetest... that letter melted my heart. What a wonderful idea. He will be missed I am sure. He is with my grandparents, maybe he can share the gospel with them! Haha. Seriously though...
ReplyDeleteTy looks so grown up wow. So fun that he is going to be a big brother soon. You are due any day now. I'm so happy for you guys with all the new and exciting changes. I miss you and hope to see you soon!!
Your Grandpa sounds awesome. I love that he left that note. I hope when I pass on, people have good things to remember me by like that, you know? Ty is growing so fast. That "Happy Ty" comment was so sweeeet! I am right with you on this due date thing! Apparently I`m having this baby on the 25th and getting induced at 8am! I think I might win our race but we`ll see ;)We`ll have to pop by this summer and see your baby and house!
ReplyDelete