Thursday, March 14, 2013

burnt food

I woke up this morning to the sickest smell. After I got up I realized it was a big pot of seriously burnt oatmeal. Michael must have put it on then went and took a shower while it was cooking on accident. YUCK, it's making my stomach feel sick.

It reminds me of a time in high school that my friends still make fun of me for. My mom decided to cook up some hamburger first thing in the morning before we all left the house, so it was ready to make spaghetti in the evening, but she burnt it. I don't know if you smelled SERIOUSLY burnt hamburger but it was SICK. My bedroom was in the basement so I was only upstairs for a couple minutes before leaving the house in the morning. Everywhere I went at school I was turning heads. I had someone near me in the halls comment that something smelled like "fish" (obviously they don't know what they are talking about, haha), and many others kept wondering what "that smell" was. It was so embarrassing for me that I called my mom and made her come get me at lunch so I could go home and shower. Now my friends and I talk about it and laugh, and lets be honest, it is kind of funny.

So that's what I'm flashing back to today...

3 comments:

  1. Ames!! That's so fun. I love this little post. Silly Mom's burning beef in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie i dont remember this...and i had a bedroom upstairs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...