Friday, October 12, 2012

12 weeks

I've been terrible at blogging. I've been really sick so it's been hard to have motivation to get anything done. Yesterday was the worst day so far and I couldn't keep a thing down. I puked 9 times (my record)... TMI? Probably. But someday it'll be good to know no day in pregnancy could be as bad as yesterday was. I haven't left the house much and I'm usually in my pj's or housecoat all day laying on the couch. How useless do I feel? You have no idea! Most days are good with Ty at home. I do the essentials, and he's really good at playing on his own and entertaining himself. When Michael comes home from work he will often take Ty out grocery shopping or on a walk just so the kid can get out of the house. I got some Zofran yesterday so I'm hoping it works! It better! It was $100 after coverage for only 30 pills and it says to take 3 a day!

Ty is doing great though! Here's kind of where he's at now that he's 16 months:

-he's been teething, two of his molars are almost thrzough.
-he says "na" (please)(we have no idea why he thinks na sounds like please) and "tis" (thanks)
-he says "yes" for every question we ask him. I guess it's much better than no.
-he has started cuddling a little more. Usually only if the cartoons are on and it lasts a maximum of 5 minutes. 
-he does TERRIBLE at church. Usually one of us is in the hall with him for the whole 3 hours of church. Lately, Michael brings him home the second hour of church while I am doing singing time, and I bring him home the last house because I need to eat and he needs a nap. He won't sit at church, and just runs down the halls so usually we are just chasing him all around and he cries when we pick him up. It's very draining.
-he can tell us what sounds a dog, horse, owl, and kitty say. The horse is the best!!
-he has started hugging us, which we love a lot.
-he says "sha" repeatedly while he carries a shoe all around the house.
-he finally enjoys brushing his teeth, and lays still during diaper changes (im sure that won't last very long)
-when Michael comes home from work, he just runs away from him. This is because Michael is always saying "I'm gonna getcha...." and so Ty has learned to run away. It's funny.
-when I tell him to say "Mom" he says "Dad"..... still.
-when the phone rings he says "Dad", because usually it's Dad calling from work. He loves to talk to Dad on the phone.
-when we tell him "no" he has started banging his head on things. Sometimes my leg, sometimes the couch, sometimes the floor. He will also hit his head with his hands. It's actually kind of funny, and I'm hoping it's just a quick stage!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hoping the Zofran works for ya! That cost a pretty penny for sure. Your lucky Ty will sit a play so well. It must make it so much easier! Hope it all passes by soon and that your 2nd trimester is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. being sick stinks. I felt like such a horrible mom my first trimester with Claire, but was reminded that trey would never remember it, haha! It's such a blessing when they will entertain themselves so you can lay down, he's a great big brother already! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...