Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cardston Hail Storm 2012

This is mostly for my records, and for us to remember. July 26 we made the trip to Cardston for our monthly temple trip. Within the first 10 minutes of the session, we heard some loud bangs. Within moments we heard hundreds of them and it continued for about 15 minutes. We all knew it was very large hail and that there would most certainly be damages. For the next two hours I was hoping and praying nothing was damaged on our car. As we left the temple we saw lights smashed, trees shredded, flowers flattened, and as we moved to the street, windows smashed, cars dented, glass everywhere. I was devastated. I knew we had no insurance coverage for hail.

While Michael was in school I was able to save up $10,000 to pay for our 2007 Toyota Matrix. Previously we were driving an 89 Plymouth Acclaim and that car was starting to look old, so our new Matrix was my pride and joy! Since Michael was still in school, we just got basic coverage on our car, deciding we would get it covered better once he was working. Unfortunately, we forgot. Now we have our Matrix which is a great car, but will never look the same again. We have to replace the windshield, another window, and a rear light. NOW we have coverage on it, so if you don't have something you value covered, I encourage you to go get it insured! We definitely learned our lesson.

Here are some photos of the damage. The hail was the size of tennis balls.







This is the hail 2 hours after it had fallen.
This is the roof. We have chips and cracks ALL over our car now, as well as rusting


4 comments:

  1. ugh! thats the worst! We just have basic on our beater and of course its the one that had a hit and run on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm SO sorry. That's rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That storm completely ruined my sister's car too!! I am so sorry about this! Yikes. But no one's mad that you still drive that thing with the window taped on, I'll tell ya that much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...