I've always hated most vegetables! The only ones I would eat were cucumber, potatoes, corn, lettuce... And a few others as long as they weren't cooked. This summer was great for me... Yes, I have tried lots of vegetables before, but I think as I have grown older, I have grown to like many foods. I started eating avocado a year or so ago, and this summer I tried SO many new fresh veggies and I really enjoy a lot of them now... spaghetti squash(YUM), fresh green beans, zucchini, another type of squash, sweet potato(in fry form... still working on them not fried), onion, cooked carrots(just barely had a few, didn't love them), and asparagus. My mother probably will not believe this but it's true. Ah, even just listing them makes me excited for summer next year... So now when I tell Ty to eat his veggies-someday- he can't ask my why I'm not eating them either!!
A little update- we have been SUPER busy! I feel like I always have some appointment to go to. Michael has taken a little professional development course and is studying for his exam this Friday (and I thought I was done with him being a student). We had Michael's sister, Jody, come visit for almost a week and we got to spend lots of time with her. I have started doing hair from home. I really missed doing cuts and colors so I'm glad to be back at it (obviously not full time.. just a couple times a week). Michael has had a film photography hobby for over a year now, and he is starting to get really good!! It's just a hobby for now, but you never know. I love to see the photos once they have been developed and he really enjoys the look of film photos. He also just put his motorcycle away for the winter, so now he will be driving the old Plymouth to work everyday... We hope Elmer (his car) makes it through the winter.
Ty is SO much fun and seems to be growing much too fast! He is grabbing for things now and rolling around quite a bit. He is always trying to sit up and if he is in semi-reclined position he can muscle himself to sitting position, but can't sit, so he falls forward, folding himself in half. He loves to play around and be silly by squealing. Today he is 5 months and I can't believe how much time has already passed.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had such a great visit - loved all the time I got to spend with you guys. p.s. I'm loving my hair - got lots of compliments at school today!
ReplyDeleteI was the same way with veggies, but once I had kids I started liking a lot more of them and other foods as well. We love the look of film photos as well Kole actually bought a film camera but hasn't had much time to play around with it so the photo's haven't come out to great. Ty is getting so big, I haven't even met him yet, but he is so cute!!
ReplyDeletehaha that's funny I used to be the same way but with tomatoes, now all of a sudden I love them! weird. Avocado is delicious!! especially in your salad. sounds like you guys are doing amazing! xo
ReplyDeleteAMIE YOU BLOGGED!!! YAY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blogposts. I've really truly been missing them. Good work on the veggies! That's a lot of new things in such a short time. Now little Ty will have no excuses. So glad we got to see you guys last week. Ty is getting so big and what a CUTIE.
ReplyDelete