Okay fellow mothers...
Ty used to nap for a few hours, now his naps are 30 minutes tops!! Ty used to only get up once in the night and now we are up to 4-5 times every night... Big change. He always seems hungry so I feed him for about 2 minutes and he is out. Then I put him back in his crib, and he wakes up and cries, I pick him up to feed him and he falls asleep. So I put him in his crib and he wakes up and so on... I know hes not that hungry, he justs likes to be soothed back to sleep... but he doesn't keep a soother in. So any ideas or thoughts are welcomed... on this situation AND on sleep training (books you've liked, methods that have worked, anything).
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

K I am not good at advice for through the night sleeping because my girls are amazing night sleepers. BUT Laken doesn't nap hardly at all either! They are like 20 min cat naps! She wants to be awake all the time.
ReplyDeleteMaybe keep trying the soother. I swear I forced Laken on it and now she takes it. She never did it first very good. I don't know how i'd live without it! Try dipping it in gripe water. We had to do that for the twins. EVERY TIME. It sucked but it was worth it!
Britt has a lot of answers for night sleeping, i'll tell her to write ya!
Check out the Baby Sleep Site on my list of blog favorites. I found lots of good advice there on night training and naps.
ReplyDeleteDane would do the same thing when I tried to put him in his crib at night. I eventually figured out that he didn't like to sleep flat on his back and would kind of put him on his side instead. It worked way better! But the sleep lady's goodnight sleep tight book is really good, and a white noise machine!
ReplyDeletePeter was exactly the same. "The Sleep Lady's Good Night, Sleep Tight" is what saved my sanity. It helps you understand the nature of infant sleep, like their REM and non-REM cycles- very, very helpful. And doing a sleep/feeding log is key; it allowed me to notice his sleep cues and work with that. As with anything, you're his mama and will find what works for you :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHey Amie it's Tycy :) We tried a book called Becoming Babywise. It was amazing. It helps you know how to get a good routine going so baby (and you) can sleep better. And it's a pretty quick read too. Emery's been sleeping all night ever since, and I can pretty much bank on when and how long naps will be.
ReplyDeleteMe, Lindsey, Erin, and a few others love "Good Night Sleep Tight" I never followed it exactly but it gives you a schedule to shoot for and tells you what's normal and what's not- developmentally. Worked for Bailey! It's not "ferberizing"- they don't encourage you to let them cry all night. I liked that. Anyway, worth a shot! Sleep is the bain of my existence lately, I should probably take my own advice and train Ollie! haha
ReplyDeleteWith Emily, I was so exhausted one night.. I told myself if she was still crying in 5 mins that I'd go and get her. Well, in that 5 mins I fell back asleep (even through the crying.. like I said, I was exhausted) and when I woke up 2 hrs later she was fast asleep. (Ya, I totally ran to her crib to see if she was ok, 'cause I honestly didn't mean to fall back asleep!) She didn't wake up in the middle of the night after that, except to eat once. Ha! Accidental sleep training! Worked like a charm!
ReplyDeleteso, wow i was in the same situation with both gavin and deklin. so sucky! no sleep was the hardest thing for me with both kids. I would do the same thing... rock to sleep, put in crib, the second i let go he would cry. for 6 months with deklin this happened. and every 20-30 min i was up doing the same thing. most the time i would end up trying to lie down in my bed while holding him and just sleep like that. (but it was so uncomfortable) also wrapping them up in big blankets and laying them in there would help cuz they felt like they were still being held. i didnt think we would last lol. but its is extremely hard. so first thing we put him in his own room cuz he was still in with us. which helped .. second i finally after 6 months i let him cry it out (extremely hard for me) .. that helped alot though, but both my kids didnt start sleeping really good on there own until they started eating solid food! then they slept through most the night. yay! so now i feed them both alot of food so they sleep good. i hope it doesnt take as long with your little guy as it did with mine. i tried everything too. love you! good luck!
ReplyDeletemy advice is dont force the soother, all the better if you dont have to ween him off it? This is coming from some one with zero experience with babies, but hey if he wont take it, why force it and then if he does get atached, have to ween him off? Just a thought!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHaha I was too embarrassed by all my spelling mistakes... here is the edited version! :)
ReplyDeleteAmie! I have one more thought to follow up with your friend Kristy. We did the "trick" move with Cali too for about two months. But instead of using thick blankets so she thought she was being held, we would swaddle her, wait till she was asleep and then wedge her between two big pillows. We only had to use this method for day naps, but she would often sleep for 1.5-3 hours this way. Eventually she liked sleeping on her tummy so we just got ride of the pillows and she was great. Just a thought...