While Michael and I were dating, Michael was trying to figure out what his next move was after his degree. We went online and searched around at a lot of jobs and the schooling that would have to be done. We looked at a lot of job descriptions, and he finally found a job he felt would suite him best-Radiation Therapy. I wasn't too sure about it, because at that time, I knew we would end up getting married and Radiation Therapists, in Alberta, only work in cancer treatment centers. The only two centers at that time were in Edmonton and Calgary. I didn't mind the idea of living there during schooling, but I sure didn't want to live in either places permanently.
Michael started the pre-requisites for getting into the program and I came to terms with this decision. I loved him and would go anywhere with him. Then the paper one day, just after we were married, there was an article on Lethbridge being selected for the new cancer treatment center in Alberta. I finally felt it WAS the perfect job for Michael, ha! After that I knew someday we would be back in Lethbridge.
Three and a half years later(a couple weeks ago), a job opportunity came up in Lethbridge. Michael applied, and shortly after he was offered the job. This was last Monday! They tell him they want him to start as soon as possible so we are now packing up our things to move back to Lethbridge. My last day of work is tomorrow(Wednesday), and at this point in my pregnancy, this job is a blessing for me. I might a wimp, but the job is feeling a bit too much physically for me right now and I was having a hard time thinking about working another month and a half. Michael starts his new job in the Jack Ady Cancer Center (in the Lethbridge Hospital) on Monday. We are both so excited for this big change. A new job, a new home, and then a new family member!!
We have been so blessed with how things have worked out so far. We are so happy our little boy will get to be around our families a lot now that we are so close.
I am so proud of Michael for all his hard work. He is such a good Radiation Therapist, despite how hard the job can be, physically and emotionally, and has shown he is going to be a great provider for our little family.... because until now I was our provider, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh amie, what an awesome story! it's funny how things always work out! not always how u planned, but better! i'm really happy for u guys! xoxo
ReplyDeleteK weird, I was going to say the exact first sentence Lisa said in her comment word for word!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I agree, what a great story and yay for happy endings, but at the same time it's the beginning! It's true though, you go wherever is best for your family as long as your happy and i'm so glad it worked out for you guys!
I'm SO excited for your baby to be here, it's so soon! I feel like I was just 30 weeks so it'll fly!! Oh and another belly picture would be greatly appreciated....just sayin. ;)
How perfect! We are so happy for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd they lived happily ever after! :)
ReplyDeleteand how is the job going?! im so thrilled you are back
ReplyDeleteHey Ames! When are you going to start writing on your blog and giving us updates! I miss reading it! :(
ReplyDelete