After 8 years of school my dear Michael has finished and will soon be moving on to a career!! He first got a degree in Neuroscience at the U of L, graduating 2006, just before we met. He continued to go to University for another year, unsure of his next step. Then deciding he wanted to become a Radiation Therapist, spent the next year taking the pre-requisites for it and doing an Co-op at the Research Center in Lethbridge while working with a few scientists in the labs. Just after I graduated from hair school, Michael and I moved up to Edmonton so he could start his 2+ year education in Radiation Therapy!! Last Thursday my very smart and hardworking husband finished his schooling!! Any ideas on how excited I am about this?? He has his school final exam tomorrow and his national exam is in mid-Jan!!
After what seems a lot of education in our three years of marriage between the two of us (and Michaels previous 6 years) we are very much looking forward to the changes that will take place in our lives this year. Michael will start working in January which will be a welcome change (I'm just hoping it means we can upgrade to a main floor). Maybe a change of location as well?? Also we will be welcoming our first child into our family in June! So this coming year has been highly anticipated for us!!
As for anything new for us right now... there isn't much. I am still sick off and on but hoping this stage of pregnancy is over before Christmas. I haven't had any cravings yet, but unfortunately chips are something that I keep far away from...*normally its my favorite treat. I have been eating well but can't eat a lot of one thing. I have a hard time sleeping, mostly because of stomach aches, being very uncomfortable, and getting up to use to bathroom alot!! I feel my pants mostly are starting to tighten, but haven't turned to maternity pants yet. I mostly have just retired my tighter pants and have been wearing lots of baggier clothing. I have been reading lots, and am starting to attend a lot of doctors appointments! We were also able to hear the baby's heartbeat last week!! It was so exciting for us and it made it seem a little more real-although everything is still very surreal for us! And I wouldn't say I have started showing, I just look fat right now, so I think I will wait until Christmas to get a baby bump picture taken to post!
Anyways, we are both looking forward to having a good chunk of time off for the holidays to spend with friends and family.
If I don't write again before Christmas, Happy Holidays!!
Also, don't forget about the poll up top on the left!! Ultrasound is Jan 25!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Way to go Michael!!!!!! That is a lot of schooling! Im so jealous, Jarom still has a year left of his degree and then law school. I can't wait for the day when he is allll done!
ReplyDeleteIm sad to hear you are still sick. Booo! I hope it goes soon. Im excited to see that baby bump when you post it! I bet you look absolutely adorable!
Such an exciting time for you two!! See you soon. : )
ReplyDelete- jody
You two have worked so hard for so long...and I know you will move upwards in the housing structure from basement to main floor very soon:)
ReplyDeleteI think you have a baby bump but you just hide it and suck it in thinking you look fat. You so don't look fat!
Lots to look forward to for all of us this year!!
Very exciting chapter for both of you! Good luck this coming year.
ReplyDeleteAs for pants getting tighter I recommend belly bands. Here is a website showing them in case you've never seen them: http://www.motherhood.com/maternity/belly-bands.asp They are wonderful. You can still wear your regular pants just unbuttoned.
Congrats to Michael!! I know the feeling of finishing school and it's awesome! You guys have an exciting year to come, then the real fun begins. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your not even close to fat. When I thought I was "fat" at 12 weeks, I look back and laugh and wish I was that little still. ha. So take pics, you'll regret it if ya don't. Besides, I want to see it!! ;)
i voted for boy. but i think it will be a boy and a girl :) haha
ReplyDeleteMIIIIIKKKKE!!! Who would have ever thought you'd FINISH school? Ha ha- kidding. We're so excited for you guys- and totally jealous- that you're tasting freedom. Good luck, we better see you guys at Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAmie- I'm sorry you're still feeling yucky. Soon enough it should subside. On the up side, I've heard the skinnier jeans are totally out of style now anyway. ;)
Good luck, guys!
Yay I see you are now 13 weeks! Welcome to the 2nd trimester! It's waaay better than the first!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Michael for finishing! he must be so excited to get his career goin! and for you Amie, I hope you can cope with the sickness that must suck! hang in there girl! love u guys and have a good christmas! xoxo see u soon
ReplyDeleteHURRAY FOR SCHOOL FOR BEING OVER!!!
ReplyDeleteand cant wait to meet the mini mendenhall!!