Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 10-so sick

Never in my life have I been so sick for so long. I am nauseous and throwing up constantly, and the $180 bottle of Diclectin I purchased has done nothing for me yet. I have now been sick for 4 weeks and this past week has been THE worst! I find it really difficult with working 40 hours a week in a somewhat physical job on hardly any sleep recently, no food to give me energy, dehydration, and the regular exhaustion that comes in the first trimester... Let's just say I'm not a very happy person to be around. Michael has been HEAVENLY throughout all of this. He rubs my back while I'm throwing up, gets me any kind of food I think I can keep down, and is doing 100% of the housework right now. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Today is our 3rd Anniversary!! I KNOW!! Three years!! I can't even believe how fast it has gone but it has actually been an amazing three years. I feel incredibly blessed to have Michael as my husband!! Although our anniversary is today I don't think we will be celebrating today because I am not feeling well and we planned to go out for dinner so we want to make sure I am feeling okay to enjoy the meal!! But I will hopefully take some photos when we go out and post them here!! Here is a little note I found this morning:

13 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOU TWO!
    Congrats on the three year mark :)
    Hopes you start feeling better girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww congrats!! Hope you start feeling better :)

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!
    I feel so bad that your sick, it totally sucks. A few more weeks and you should be out of the woods! Thank goodness for amazing husbands eh?
    10 weeks is exciting though! You won't believe how fast it'll go, soon you'll be 20, then 30, then it's over and your a mom! Anyways enough of me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Happy Anniversay to such a great couple!
    Second of all 23 years ago I was going through the exact same thing when I was pregnant with you. I was under 100 lbs and was going to end up in the hospital if I didn't stop losing weight! But how can you gain when you throw everything up??? (if only I could have that problem right now for just awhile...haha...oh minus the throwing up part). Anyways mine soon passed around 4 months. I pray yours will to! I remember making myself signs and taped them around the toilet..."Hang in there, it won't last forever", "Remember this is worth it", etc. Somehow as I was puking and reading the signs at them same time helped. LOL...I know crazy but you do what ya gotta do right! I love you my sweety girl and be tuff cause like I say I only raised survivors!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and one more thing...take care of my little prune baby...lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW thats so cute of michael! :D
    -Breanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor Amie! I can honestly say I know how you feel... and it is crappy indeed! I hope that it goes away for you soon. I saw that you are about 10 weeks... so hopefully it wont last for much longer. Ugh I hate the person who deemed it "morning" sickness cause I was sick ALL stinkin day!!! I wish it had only lasted in the mornings! Hang in there Amie!!!
    Im glad to hear Michael is such a super husband while you have been sick :) I also wanted to say CONGRATS on the three year mark!!!!! That is so amazing you guys!!!! I hope you are feeling better tonight so you can go play and enjoy your anni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww mickael sooo cute!!! and yah its true you are not fun to be around anymore.
    -cass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, thank goodness Michael is so helpful and sweet! You are one of those unlucky ladies that gets sick unfortunately. I feel terrible for you! I can't beleive the diclectin doesn't work. What a stupid waste of money! Hope you start feeling better! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diclectin is funny, because it's side effects are nausea and fatigue!! and I'm pretty sure that's why you are taking it. I felt better when I stopped taking it personally... but it's hard to make that decision when you think it will get worse if you stop. !!!! Happy Pregnancy!!!! WHOOO HOOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on three years and adding a third to your family! Hang in there because it really is worth it!
    Luvs from all the Mora's ( Madison's input)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the new addition! But I'll admit being pregnant sounds terrible - lucky you have a great husband to help you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats you guys! We're really excited to see you guys at Christmas!!! Hope you're feeling better soon Amie! As I was reading your post, I was having flashbacks to being pregnant with Christian and feeling your pain! Will still calls stone wheat thin crackers "miracle crackers' because that and ginger ale were the only things I consumed for the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy. They kept me alive! We found a study that correlated sickness in pregnancy with higher intelligence for the baby. So every time you throw up, think that your baby is going to be a super genius (that's what I kept telling myself anyway)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...