Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The main event: Calgary Zoo

We recently had some friends from Edmonton come to visit, The Bennett's. They came on Friday afternoon with their adorable daughter, Bailey. We took a walk to the river and enjoyed the nice weather. That night we rented a movie and ate junk food. Saturday morning we went to the Calgary Zoo. It was beautiful weather outside. A couple of my favorites were the monkeys (all of them), the gorillas (there was a baby one and I was able to get a video of it so check it out below!!), I also enjoyed the dik dik's (weird name hey?) which I had never seen or heard of before and you can check them out by clicking on the name. Michael really enjoyed watching one type of bat that had the head of a wolf and all of us were amazed at it's wings. He also liked the male Gorilla. It was a great day and we got some good pictures too. We were able to play some N64 with them (the guys competed in Mario Golf) and all of us played the Rayman Raving Rabbid Wii games. Its nice to not only compete with Michael, because he always wins. It's also nice to have him lose to someone, haha! We really enjoyed playing with their little girl and just visiting because we don't really have any friends in Calgary yet.

This weekend, we might go up to visit them and our other friends in Edmonton because Michael wants to camp and the Bennett's have a backyard.... i dont know why Michael doesn't want to just stay in the house, but whatever. haha. I think we will also go to the temple in Edmonton. This week I applied to another salon and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have also been doing some reading while Michael is at work. Michael is enjoying his work (he is doing his clinical so he is working for a year and a half but not getting paid....) and he is learning lots. Each week he moves onto a new unit in the Tom Baker Cancer Centre here and he is assigned with a new person to show him the ways.

My best friend Jessica Payne (She was one of my bridesmaids) and her boyfriend (Jake Robinson) of forever, just got engaged last week at the GRAND CANYON!! I haven't heard the details yet but I am super excited for them both and I think they are a perfect match!!

Michael's brothers (Cameron and Devin) have been in Saskatoon all summer selling security systems and are finishing up and heading back to Lethbridge this Saturday. I think Michael is pretty excited and we'll probably be taking some trips down there so he can hang out with them.

Well, that's my post for now. It's nice to get comments to so I know people are actually reading my blog. Even just say hi!!






2 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a cute gorilla! Most babies are pretty adorable hey. Especially your friends baby...she is soooo cute! Congrats to Jessica ~ so happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i totally painted that flamingo building at the zoo like a week before that picture was taken. i rock

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...