Sunday, November 23, 2014

Update on the kids (and us)

I've been wanting to do an update about the boys for a while. So here it goes.

Ty:
-is POTTY TRAINED!! Hallelujah!! This is our 3rd round of potty training and it has been one of the hardest things I've done as a parent (the other is getting no sleep). Thank goodness for my sweet husband getting a kick start on round #3 after my first big meltdown of motherhood. Don't ask....
-says "I'm hungry" 1000X's a day. Even 15 minutes after breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It kind of drives us nuts. :)
-says Brefkest for breakfast. haha
-LOVES joy school. He is always happy to go. It probably helps that 3 out of 4 of the other kids are his second cousins (that he knows pretty well already)
-doesn't understand how to play soccer. He loves having his own ball but when they have the kids play a game with one ball, he picks it up and holds onto it. He doesn't get why they had lots of balls, and then only one.
-is SUCH a good helper around the house. He puts clothes in the laundry, unloads the dishwasher, puts his plate and cup away after meals, dresses himself, cleans up the living room when I ask, cleans the sinks in the bathrooms when I ask, puts his boots/shoes away and gives me his coat to hang up, and putting boots and coat on!. Next up: setting the table, wiping the table, sweeping the floor. :)
-eats Cheerios every morning and could have 3 bowls if we let him
-loudly sings the ABC's when he has soap on his hands and rinses them once the song is done
-fav TV shows right now are Wild Kratts (He calls it Wild Craps), Daniel Tigers Neighbourhood, and Napkin Man.
-finishing swimming lessons tomorrow and there's a good chance he won't pass (for the second time). He is the best one in his class but I think the techniques are just too difficult for kids so young so he will go in it another session in the summer next year. He likes going though and did a back float the other week on his own for a moment. It has also helped him to be more brave in the water.
 Noah:
-says "night night" "nana" (banana) "dada" "mama" "ty" "baby" "cheese" "MAAA" (please)
-Noah fell a month or two ago and split his head open and he now has a scar on his forehead. It was a pretty big gash so we hope with time the scar will fade.
-loves to be silly
-carries his white and blue minky blanket and his soother everywhere and has to have them both for naps and bedtime
-gives kisses and hugs all the time
-loves to copy and follow Ty around
-loves playing with cars and trucks on the floor
-still has the longest eyelashes
-sleeps 12 hrs at night and naps for about an hour and a half once a day
-loves eating breakfast at the table with Ty each morning
-mumbles ALL the time. I'm thinking he won't be able to form a sentence for a loooong time, but we love his little mumbles as he tried to communicate with us. "MA" "what, Noah?" "mmm m mmmm mm mmmmmmm mm mm m" (I wish you could hear it, haha)



 Mid yawn^^^ haha
Sharing a chair... Awwwwww

Michael:
-just had surgery 2 weeks ago. A hernia repair and it went well. He is recovering well, and goes back to work in 2 more weeks. Thank goodness he had so many sick days saved up so he could be getting full pay for this month off of work.
-enjoying relaxing and taking some pictures of the kids

Me:
-finishing adult swimming lessons this week. I LOVE going. Yes, I know how to swim, but a friend (Amy B) and I wanted to learn better technique and it's be fun to learn new ways to swim, to practice them, to visit, and I find it sooo relaxing to be in the water.
-starting a 6 week points challenge where I need to check in each day with points (for eating veggies, fruit, drinking 64 oz of water, no sugar for 6 days a week, working out 30 mins 5 days a week, and a few other things. we'll see how I do... I feel motivated and I'm hoping I can get into a good routine.
-Michael and I made Nov a no sugar month (we have cheated a few times for a date night and a girls night I had) but it's been awesome. We didn't binge on all the kids Halloween candy (and I didn't even really miss it) and I've done a good job at saying no to sugar. I should admit though that my weakness is not sugar, it's Salt N Vinegar chips, but sugar is everywhere and I always found myself eating it even if I didn't really want it.


1 comment:

  1. That chair pic! They are so sweet together. I'm glad you are now including you and Michael in the updates. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...