Friday, December 7, 2012
5 years!
About two weeks ago Michael and I celebrated our 5th anniversary! I can't believe it's been 5 years and I also can't believe it's only been 5 years. haha Does that make any sense? I feel like Michael has always been a part of my life. We didn't do much on our anniversary. We thought about going away for the weekend, but Michael's brother is getting married in Utah soon and so we will be travelling down there and also with Christmas coming up, along with trying to finish paying off student loans and hoping to buy a house in the not too distant future, we decided to stick around and keep it simple. We spent the day with Ty and then went out for a really nice dinner together. After we put Ty to bed we just laid in bed talking about each year we've been married. We talked about the highlights of each year. It was fun to think back on the early days of marriage and all that we've accomplished up until now. Michael brought up some memories I had forgotten about and the same vice versa. We talked for probably 2 hours of all the special moments that we have experienced in our marriage. I really can't think of a better way to celebrate our 5 year anniversary than to spend it talking about our most special moments and blessings. It really has been an amazing 5 years. We have definitely had some highs and lows although I'd say the highs waaaaay outdo the lows. I feel like my life is exactly where I dreamed it would be 5 years ago. Probably better. I can't wait to see what the next 5 bring for us. I feel so blessed to be married to Michael.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

aw cute! ya wow can't believe you guys have been married 5 years...it does seem longer?!?! lol
ReplyDeletecongrats! love it, Darcy always makes us reminisce as well. It's always humbling and makes us smile every time. Congrats on 5 years!
ReplyDelete